Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Classic Oxford Button-Up. I finally made one!

I'm still here!! And I made a fancy shirt!


I know, it's been quiet around here. Life got in the way... But, I'm back and I'm going to be posting at least once a week. Right on.

So, today I want to show you a project I made a little over a month ago, using the Peek-a-Boo Classic Oxford Button-up pattern. Let me tell you, I'm not often scared to start a project, but this one was intimidating me. Especially the sleeve placket. So I cut it out before Christmas... And put it aside. 



Then picked it up again for Kids Clothes Week.... Didn't finish it. And then daycare was having picture day on Valentines day, and I just knew I wanted N to wear this shirt. So I got my act together and just went for it. And it was a lot easier than I thought it would be! Look at that placket!


I had done a collar with collar stand before, but it didn't come out quite as nice as I had hoped. This time I had much better luck (and a much better pattern):


Of course I ended up finishing at 2 am, because the best way to finish a project is on a deadline in the middle of the night. True for sewing projects and science alike. ;-) But I did finish it and it is so nice, I love it.

I'm also kinda in love with the fabric... Which comes from a sheet that I bought at a thrift store!!! The accent fabric was a remnant that I got 50% off at JoAnn's. I'm fairly sure the most expensive part of the shirt is the 12 buttons. And they were actually quite cheap... :-)

 And last but not least... The kiddo loves it too!! And that makes it a winner in my book! I'll be making more of these!!! Actually, I have a couple planned for the summer with short sleeves!



Oh, I almost forgot to mention the button tabs for rolling up those sleeves!

CHEERS HANDSOME!!!

Mama M.

No comments:

Post a Comment